So today, while performing a WordPress maintenance for one of our clients, I came across an error
“Another update is currently in progress”
while updating WordPress to latest version. This error didn’t allow me to update the WordPress version. I tried multiple times, but failed.
Luckily, there was an article that provided solution to this exact solution
Steps To Resolve Another Update Is Currently In Progress Error
- To resolve this error, you need to delete the row containing the option_name core_updater.lock
- You can do this by access your database via phpMyAdmin
- Once you are logged into your correct database, simply select the database and browse through the tables to find wp_options table tables
- There might be several hundreds of rows in the wp_options tables.
- You can either search or navigate the table untill you find the row containing options_name that has option_value of core_updater.lock.
- Simply delete this specific row and you would be able to update your WordPress to the latest version.